Back to school means book reports, binders and backpacks are now part of the weekday hustle. You may have spent time carefully labeling school supplies and trying to keep things organized.
Or, you may have misplaced your social studies binder because it was accidentally marked music...ahem, not that we know anyone who did that.
Well, just in case you can relate, or you love special ways to mark the page in your current chapter book, we created 5 corner bookmark templates that you can make with your MYNT3D 3D pen.
Scissors for cutting filament ends
(Optional) Sticky tack for spacing and positioning pieces
1. Start by downloading the Corner Bookmarks Template. Use your printer settings to scale template if desired.
2. Start heating your 3D pen. When it reaches the proper temperature, load the background color filament of your chosen bookmark design.
3. Trace over both the inner and outer edges of the color shape. Then fill in the center, stroking back and forth in a zig zag motion. Note: Design pieces that are outside of the triangle and attach to the leg of the triangle should be drawn separately and attached during the assembly process. See Step 7.
4. Reverse out the filament and load a new color. Continue filling in the design, leaving fine details like the eyes for last.
5. To make the back piece, go over the entire triangle with a single color. Tip: the back side is a great place to write your name, grade or class subject. Use a coordinating filament color to do so.
6. To assemble, hold the front and back pieces slightly apart and connect with the 3D pen. Tip: this is where you can use sticky tack to hold the pieces in place while you work.
7. Slip in the extraneous detail pieces that go outside the triangle, such as the sock monkey ears and the ties of the ninja turtle mask. Note: pieces that attach to the hypotenuse of triangle can be drawn along with the rest of the front design of the bookmark.
Comments will be approved before showing up.