September 13, 2017 1 min read
I'm not going to lie, fake bugs are super fun, especially for playing practical jokes.
And with Halloween right around the corner, they can have a prominent place in the season's decor.
With the right filament, you can make all kinds of bugs to suit your jokes...errr, I mean, needs.
Let's get started!
Wooden chopstick or skewer
1. Start by downloading the Bugs Projects Template. Use your printer settings to scale the template to get different sizes of bugs.
2. Start heating your 3D pen. When it reaches the proper temperature, load the black or brown filament depending on your bug of choice.
3. Trace over the outer edges of the bug. Then fill in the center, stroking back and forth in a zig zag motion.
4. To easily add height to for the body of the cockroach and cicada, lay a stick down the center and draw over it.
5. For the cockroach, draw the legs separately so they can be attached perpendicular to the body.
6. For the cicada and firefly, draw the wings separately then attach with the 3D pen.
FUN TIP: Try using glow-in-the-dark filament!
Once you've made all your bugs, get your creative juices flowing once again to have some humorous fun...like putting one in a jar and "accidentally" letting it fall out. Oops!
Or hide them in various places and await a shocking discovery...such as in a locker, bed, shoes...the list goes on.
Comments will be approved before showing up.