August 13, 2018 2 min read 1 Comment
This week's project is the scariest dinosaur, that is going to test your balance and dentistry!
The trick is to make the tail long enough to equal that huge head full of sharp teeth. But all you need to do is download the free template and follow our step by step instructions.
Now step back into prehistoric times to make the animal that ruled the planet!
• Filament colors from the Super 32 pack of ABS
• Dinosaur free project template
• Thick Marker
1. To get started, download the free project template and pick out your filament colors.
Note: We're using a heat sensitive filament, which you’ll notice in the photos turns from yellow to green.
2. Trace the upper and lower jaws twice, then hold the jaw sides about a ¼” apart and connect.
3. Trace the upper and lower jaws twice, then hold the jaw sides about a ¼” apart and connect.
4. Trace and fill in the body section of the template.
5. To add rounded dimension draw over a pencil at the neck area. Draw up and over a thick marker at the body area. Flip the body over and repeat on the other side.
6. Connect the head to the neck of the body section.
7. Trace and fill in the tail. Draw over a pencil and then a toothpick to add dimension.
8. Connect the tail to the body.
9. For the legs, trace the 2D template. Draw over a pencil to bulk up the thighs. Then draw over a toothpick for the lower legs.
10. Attach the legs to the dinosaur body.
11. Draw the talon feet and connect to the legs.
NOTE: As you go along you’ll want to fill in gaps in the filament.
12. Trace the arm templates. Attach to the body and connect claws.
13. Trace the tongue template.
14. Freehand draw a platform in the upper jaw to attach the tongue.
15. Switch to off-white filament to (play dentist) draw the teeth.
16. Finish off with the fine details like eyes and claw tips.
Comments will be approved before showing up.