July 31, 2018 1 min read
Hello Mynters, this week we have an easy beginner project: butterflies and dragonflies. To make them that much more beautiful and interesting, we're drawing them in a stained-glass style. To achieve this, you'll need to use PETG, translucent filament.
But, of course you can use your favorite filament colors, such as glow-in-the dark - especially if these gorgeous bugs will find their way to your garden!
• Black filament
• PETG Translucent Filament
• Butterfly and Dragonfly free project template
• Sticky tack
1. Start with black filament and trace the wing design and butterfly body.
2. Fill in the wing bubbles with different colors of the PETG filament.
3. To assemble, use sticky tack to the position the angle of the wings.
4. Hold the butterfly body in between and connect with the 3D printing pen.
5. Flip over butterfly and reinforce.
6. Freehand draw the antennas with the 3D pen. Hold in place to cool and harden.
1. For the dragonfly, trace the wing outline and body with black filament.
2. Fill in the wings with blue and green PETG filament.
3. To assemble, position the bug body in the center and attach the upper set of wings.
4. Slightly overlap the lower wings over the upper and connect.
These make beautiful hair accessories, jewelry and garden art.
Comments will be approved before showing up.