May 31, 2017 2 min read
Tan, Pink, brown and assorted bright colored 1.75mm filament
Play dough modeling compound
1. Start by shaping the play dough into size and shape you want your donut to be. This will be your form.
2. Wrap your form in clear tape.
3. After loading the light tan colored filament, begin rotating it around the widest part of the form. It will be like wrapping a string of plastic around the outer ring of the donut. Repeat several times.
4. Set the form down, and drape filament over it, going from the inner, donut hole to the outer ring. The filament will not stick to the tape. It will begin to take form by crossing over other pieces of filament and melting at the cross section. You want to create a web-like structure of the top half of the donut form.
5.Then remove the top half and repeat, creating the bottom half of the donut structure.
TIP: If you fill in too much of the structure while it's on the form, it will be difficult to flex the sides to match up when attaching them together in the next step.
6. Join the two halves of the donut structure together working the 3D pen back and forth to make a seam.
7. Fill in the bottom/dough part. Create a wavy border where the “frosting” will meet the dough.
8. Fill in the frosting part. Let the filament wave and drape into the center.
9. Put on the final touches with sprinkles. There are 2 ways you can do this:
a. Cut tiny segments of filament and glue onto your donut.
b. Draw on the sprinkles with your MYNT3D printing pen.
They look so delicious! Making donuts has never been so guiltless.
Comments will be approved before showing up.