Nothing says, "Welcome Fall" like curling, colorful leaves falling from the trees and crunching under our feet. It gives us all the feeling of crisp, fresh air, football and pumpkin spice lattes.
Fine, I may be going a bit overboard, but Fall has a special place in our heart and in our home. So if you're like me, and you are happy to celebrate the start of fall with some crafty home decorating, MYNT3D has a tasteful project that's simple and beautiful.
Throw on a cozy scarf or fleece, and let's bring on autumn.
Earthtone 1.75mm filament such as red, orange, brown, yellow, gold and green
Optional: Rod-shaped items to ripple the template paper
1. Start by downloading the Falling Leaves Project Template. Use your printer settings to scale the template if desired.
2. Start heating your 3D pen. When it reaches the proper temperature, load the darkest filament color first.
3. Use your fingers or rods to contour your printed template so that it's wavy. This will give you an easy curled leaf effect.
4. Start at the stem and trace over the template following the curves of the paper. Reverse out the filament and insert lighter hues as you work your way to the tip.
5. Allow the leaf to cool completely before removing from the paper template.
Comments will be approved before showing up.